Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:54:36 -0400
Subject: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

FT 2nd edition limited fighter launches to 2 groups per turn for
carriers
and 1 for all other ships. In FB, the carrier/non-carrier destinction
was
removed - all ships that could carry fighters worked under the carrier
rules. By FB2 the launch limitations were removed entirely.

While I am not Jon, I think that the restrictions were removed for 2
reasons: 1) To simplify play. 2) Complaints that in 15 minutes, a ship
should be able to launch all its fighters. I don't think that it
effected
play balance much if the carrier must remain on the table, because in
most
games all the fighters got launched by the time the carrier was in range
of
other ships/fighters.

-----
Brian Bell
-----

[snip]

> I'd like to know what GZG (Jon?) thinks
> launch restrictions are worth in terms of points
> and mass for these sorts of "slower" carriers.
> There WERE such restrictions before, right? So
> there must have been a lot of playtesting. Maybe
> it would be useful to know why they were dropped
> in favor of launch all at once rules.
[snip]

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust