Prev: Re: [SG] Reasonably balanced forces for quick games Next: Re: Re: fighter bases

[OT] RP BT bases Re: fighter bases

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:35:33 -0500
Subject: [OT] RP BT bases Re: fighter bases

**
Yeah, FASA used to sell them. Or, rather, the company that produced
Battletech minis (Ral Partha?) used to make them. I don't know if they
are
still around. These from GZG look different, though. Less bulky, much
cleaner...
***

Well, unless we're talking really big, greater-than-D6's, these won't be
much use for holding dice, which is what TomB was seeking, as I recall.

However, the bases, hex-with-a-lip, were good for many things. Steve
Jackson even used them for the infantry bases. The flat depression was
good
for setting small-based figs into, and then filling to the top with
something like epoxy for a nice, flat surface for flocking.

Interestingly, at one point FASA bought out RP, so it WAS FASA producing
them. With the recent crash-and-burn, I think RP is still selling things
on
their website, but only for a limited time. Can't say if these are still
there.

Part of my own playing with fighter bases included using something
similar
to KR's modified metal ships bases, only with holes for ships pegs on
the
outer edge, and a square, lipped flat piece on the center post for a
tiny
'life die'. One of the many projects gathering dust in the basement
causing
understandable ire with the SO. ;->=

Did I mention she's a saint?

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: [SG] Reasonably balanced forces for quick games Next: Re: Re: fighter bases