Prev: [SG] Reasonably balanced forces for quick games Next: Re: Re: fighter bases

Re: Fighters, Canadians, and GZG-ECC CanAm

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:18:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters, Canadians, and GZG-ECC CanAm

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca>
> As author of the Canadian misfortunes at
> CanAm, I can say:
> Note that very few
> canon ships have ADFC or enough PDS for a
> high fighter environment.

Or high-SMR environment.  Islamic Strikers vs Anyone Else is amazingly
bloody.

> 3) We're ground pounders (except for Jim) so
> it was Adrian's first FT game

We were worried about not having enough Canadians show up, so Adrian
gallantly volunteered to defend the honor of the flag.	<applause>

> down significantly. Then our remaining 2/3rds
> (sans inept piloting from Captain Bell of Fleet
> Engineering Construction) could have beaten up
> the carriers and escorts fairly well. But, it didn't
> happen like that.....

Team Maple Leaf also made two mistakes:
1. should have started closer to the planet (and therefore closer to the
American fleet)
2. should have run hell-for-leather straight at Team Stars & Stripes.
If they'd gotten close enough, fast enough, their weight of guns *might*
have evened things up a bit.

In their defense, though, there was a planet in the way and they were
worried about running into it.

Prev: [SG] Reasonably balanced forces for quick games Next: Re: Re: fighter bases