Prev: Re: Canon Next: fighter bases

[FT] JTLs Genre fighters. Incomplete.

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters. Incomplete.

Greetings all,
    I have been thinking of doing a cross genre
game, using FT, Bab 5, Startrek, and Starwars.
To try to deal with the fighters in a way that
is (reasonably) consistent with the 'on screen'
results does require one to bend/fudge, and if
necessary mangle/break the FT rules to reach the
desired result.

(Note: I stated this some time ago and life
has caught up with me.	 Not much time for
games right now.   The star wars fighters
were numerically tested in the death star
combat and worked out almost perfectly.
I did not work out point values yet.)

What follows are a collection of UNTESTED
concepts designed to make the combats
'come out right', fair has nothing to do
with this effort.
(Note: Endurance is stated in FT2 terms,
double stated number for FTFB.)

STARWARS:

Tie fighters - Non-FTL, lacks endurance, weapons.
     The game effect: All squadrons are considered
Green (turkey), and only throw 5 dice.
All tie fighters only hit ANY target on a six,
and only do one damage reguardless of any other
factors.
Key: Green, 3 endurance, requires a 6 to hit

Tie interceptors - Non-FTL, Lacks range/less endurance
than tie fighters, improved number of weapons.
     The game effect: All squadrons are considered
green (turkey), and only throw 5 dice.
All tie interceptors only hit any unshielded fighter
target on a 5 or a 6, and only do one damage
reguardless of any other factors.
Interceptors require a 6 if attacking any ship.
Tie interceptors have 2 turns of endurance.
Tie fighters are only available in very limited
numbers and only if a VIP is in the command ship.
Key: Green, 2 endurance, 5 or 6 vs unshielded
     fighter and 6 vs ship.

Tie bombers - Non-FTL, Lacks endurance, weapons.
     The game effect: All squadrons are considered
green (turkey), and only throw 5 dice.	 Tie bonbers
shoot at fighters and ships per the normal rules,
I.E. they need a 6 to hit.   Bombing attacks are
made per submunition pack rules, three attack dice
are carried per bomber and are used one dice per
turn in attack runs.
Key: Green, 3 endurance, 6 to hit fighters and
     3 x 1 die bombing runs w/submunition
     to hit rules

Naboo starfighter - Non-FTL, limited range/endurance,
weapons.
All Naboo starfighters only hit any unshielded
fighter target on a 5 or a 6, and only do one damage
reguardless of any other factors.
Naboo starfighter require a 6 if attacking any ship,
but carries a missile that does (1D3) damage and
hits using the submunition rules.
Key: Normal, 3 endurance, 5 or 6 to hit fighters
     and 6 to hit ships, also has a 1D3 damage
     missile.

Trade Federation Droid fighters - Limited range
    endurange, normal weapons
The game effect: All squadrons are considered
green (turkey), and only throw 5 dice.
Droid fighters are limited standard fighters,
I.E. a 6 does only 1 point of damage to fighters
or ships.
Key: Green, 3 endurance, a 6 does not cause
     2 damage.

X-wing starfighter - FTL, long range, screened,
Heavy, Attack, heavy weapons.
The X-wing is a combination fighter; FTL, long
range, Heavy and attack ability.
The game effect: All squadrons are considered
aces, and throw 7 dice.   All X wings are
Heavy/Long range/attack fighters with FTL
capability.   The missile attack is carried
out as a submunitions attack and each of the
two missiles does 1D3 damage to the target.
The four large cannons do 2 points of hull
damage to any ship target that they hit
The ability to 'Double shield' requires attacking
fighters to score 2 hits to kill each fighter.
Key: Aces, 5 endurance, 2 1D3 missiles, 2 hull
     ship hits, 2 hits to kill the X-wing.

Y-wing -FTL, Standard, Screened, Heavy, Attack,
Ion weapons.
The Y-wing is a combination fighter; FTL,
Standard range, Heavy and attack ability.
The game effect: All squadrons are considered
aces, and throw 7 dice.   All Y wings are
Heavy/Standard range/attack fighters with FTL
capability.   The Ion cannon defence is used
to neutralize attacking fighters by removing
the ability to attack (I.E. Dice), before the
Y-wing is attacked, the Y-wing defender rolls
the Ion guns with normal to hit (screens count),
each hit removes 1 attack dice for that combat.
The missile attack is carried
out as a submunitions attack and each of the
two missiles does 1D3 damage to the target.
The Y-wing may fire 2 missiles per turn
for three turns.
The ability to 'Double shield' requires attacking
fighters to score 2 hits to kill each fighter.
Key: Aces, 3 endurance, 2 1D3 missiles per turn,
     Ion defence, 2 hits to kill the Y-wing.

A-wing - An FTL capable standard fighter.

STARTREK:

     Little information is currently available
for the fighters, I suggest using the standard
FT types.

BATTLESTAR GALLICTIA

Colonial Viper - Treat ALL as aces, long range.

Cylon Raider - Treat this the same as a Tie fighter.

BABYLON 5:

E.A. Starfury - Non-FTL, Heavy, Standard,

E.A. Thunderbolt - Non-FTL, Heavy, Attack,
The missile attack is carried
out as a submunitions attack and each of the
two missiles does 1D3 damage to the target.
The Thunderbolt fires 2 missiles per turn
for three turns.

Mimbari Nail - Non-FTL, Fast, Interceptor, Attack,
Long range.
The Nial fires first in any fighter combat, except
against the first ones which are resolved normally.
Warrior caste Sq. are Aces.   Priest caste Sq are
Standard.   Worker caste Sq. are Green (turkey).

Narn Frazi - Non-FTL, Standard, Long range.

Centari - Non-FTL, Standard, Fast.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Canon Next: fighter bases