Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

RE: Kinetic Shields

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:49:56 -0400
Subject: RE: Kinetic Shields

Hi Roger!

I don't think the Humans/Kra'Vak/Phalons are out of balance.

I don't think the K-Guns are out of balance with screens any more than
P-Torps or Salvo Missiles are. None of them are effected by screens. But
each has other balancing factors (K-Guns (C3+) are 1 arc, Salvo Missiles
are
subject to placement and PDS).

Are K-Guns out of balance if placed on non-Kra'Vak ships? Maybe. Part of
the
balancing factor of the Kra'Vak is that they have no armor or screen
technology. If you allow for cross-species systems, you might end up
with
ships with Phalon Armor (to help protect against K-Guns) and Level-1
Screens
(to protect agianst beams) on a ship with K-Guns as weapons.

-----
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
http://www.ftsr.org/