Prev: Re: Sensors Next: Re: Sensors

Re: Sensors

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 20:07:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Sensors

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> At 4:53 PM -0400 6/1/01, Roger Books wrote:
> >
> >With beyond 36" sensors I will just run into non-spoof range and
> >look.  I don't care much what you show me unless you want to
> >divide your forces and let me defeat  you in detail.
>
> True, on a small table that is quite easy. Also as most games are
> run, its not much use. But one of my wishes is to work up a means of
> having campaigns that take place on spaces larger than the table.
> Effectively a system battle that is more than the table top. When you
> consider the size of a system even just ours, its very far from the
> orbit of a planet like earth to the orbit of say Jupiter.

Find a copy of FASA's Renegade Legion: PREFECT.  It contains a primer on
invading starsystems, and the game is about (you guessed it) taking a
star system by storm.  It includes a circular map, star centered (of
course), for moving ships around, and has rules for in-system jumps.

Prev: Re: Sensors Next: Re: Sensors