Prev: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers Next: Re: [OT] USN and USAF sharing the same crack pipe

[SGII] Firing While Still

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:26:07 -0000
Subject: [SGII] Firing While Still

Dear All,

Thanks for the replys, some good thoughts:

Allan Goodall wrote:
>If you decide to go this route, I wouldn't just make it "any" of the
>dice.
>I would make it the quality die. Roll the quality die twice, >and
choose
>the best of the two.

Sounds like a good idea, I was just torn between that or the squad
firepower
die.

>Would you allow vehicles the same benefit? Most vehicles today can
>fire on
>the move fairly accurately. In the future there will probably >be no
>difference if the vehicle is moving or stationary.

No I wouldn't, over those small distances it would be unlikely to spoil
the
stabilisation, and anyway vehicles fry pretty quick anyway!

>Would you allow troops with special weapon stabilizing gear to move
>and
>fire as though stabilized? I'm thinking, in particular, Power >Armour
here.

No, I wouldn't simply because they would then loose any benefit from
being
still, I think that no matter how stable the weapons platform, if it is
still power armour and not an infactry mecha unit, there will be an
advantage to staying still.

Chris DeBoe wrote:

>Doesn't SG2 have "in position" as a defensive benefit?  I grant you
>that
>it's not subtracting accuracy from the moving firer, but I >woudn't
think
>your troops are at an all-out run anyway--during the >turn, they're
>undoubtedly doing "rush, ground, shoot; rush, ground, >shoot".

Well this is my point, if you have a longer time to stop and wait for
the
sweet shot you have a better chance of hitting the target, whereas if
you
merelysqueeze off a few rounds after you hit the piece of cover and then

dash on again, then you will not be getting much of a chance to aim etc.

What d'ya think

Richard
_

Prev: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers Next: Re: [OT] USN and USAF sharing the same crack pipe