Prev: Re: Sensors Fr: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Re: Sensors

Re: Maritime Strike Bombers

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:25:57 +1000
Subject: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers

G'day,

 >Full Thrust Strike Bombers
 >
 >10 Pts each (60 pts for a squadron)
 >Size 2 craft (double that of Fighters)
 >Mv 30"/turn (occurs during fighter movement)
 >12" Secondary Move (occurs during normal Secondary Move phase)
 >4 CEF
 >Dog-fight on 6's (tail guns)
 >Carry 1 of 2 strike packages (Fired During Ordinance Phase)
 >Either 1 ER Salvo Missile package or 2 MT Missiles

They don't look too bad...though I would've gone with 3 per squadron and

they're a bit undercosted.
I would've guessed about 15 or 20 pts per fighter off the top of my
head...basic = 3 + heavy = 2 (assuming harder to kill) + SMR or 2MT cost
(I
figure fast balances with less CEF), and hope dogfight vs anti-ship
comes
out in the wash ;)

I just have a couple of other questions.

1) Why are they faster than fighters (my knowledge of aircraft
capabilities
stops with WWI so I still have a "bombers are lumberers" image).
2) How easy is it for other fighters to hit them if they do get into
dogfight? Are they easier to hit (as well as finding it harder to hit
their
opponents themselves)?
3) Why do they have to be land based? Is that based on where bombers of
today are stationed or some hard reasoning from your background or
ideas?

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: Sensors Fr: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Re: Sensors