Prev: RE: Maritime Strike Bombers Next: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers

Re: Sensors Fr: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:08:36 +1000
Subject: Re: Sensors Fr: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

G'day,

 >For some reason I thought you were talking
 >about the great beasties that munch
 >on the wee beasties.

That's cool wasn't real clear I guess ;)

 >So do the Zooplankton make noise or something?

Well some species can release gas bubbles and can "click" etc which
makes
them easier to find in the first place, but to be honest I think a lot
of
the tracking would be the equivalent of "active" sensors (specific
frequencies pick out different species...low for animals with air
bladders
inside, high for deep sea fish and other animals with no air bladders).
So
now I'm probably confusing some of the content/argument of earlier posts

about which was easier for use in identification, sorry.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: RE: Maritime Strike Bombers Next: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers