Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Sensors

Re: Leading from the front, reprise

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:05:28 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Leading from the front, reprise

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> --> A good way to simulate this sometime
> would be to setup an SG2 game in one
> room. Put two players (enemy commanders)
> in other rooms with just maps. Use either a
> computer network or just radio and make
> their guys communicate with them. You find
> out _really_ fast just how easy it is to garble
> messages, be unclear, execute wrong
> orders (especially if they go through
> someone on the way to you). The way I see
> it, your point man shouldn't be your Lt, but
> he'd darn well better be amidst the platoon to
> see what they're doing. If I see him sitting
> back at the back by himself in the woods, he
> may find the GM inserted surprise enemy
> squad rather .... traumatic.

I was considering exactly this, with perhaps a videocamera thrown in for
live video feed :) I'm curious whether anyone's ever done this, and come
up with other interesting stuff one could do?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7E2ZhJXH58oo6ncURAlHQAJ9r6bJQhxBoIGl55z6dn2H9zchARQCfcKmI
itvjbDoLouBjIOTL9cHzw3w=
=E1HQ

Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Sensors