Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #9 Beam Bridge & E/M Sabot Next: Re: [OT] again Re: Rescuing livestock

Re: [OT] again Re: Rescuing livestock

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:50 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] again Re: Rescuing livestock

I'm a big Cordwainer Smith fan, and have been for decades. He's a
brilliant writer, with a very lyrical prose style. Mom has my big
anthology right now: The Rediscovery of Man (ISBN 0915368560 , Nesfa
Press 1993). This is ranked very highly over at Amazon (5 star average
on 33 reviews, ranked 30,720 overall in sales). Get a copy if you value
literature in SF.

That said, Stroon is an immortality drug. It comes from sick sheep. Very
sick sheep. Bloody enormous sick sheep on the planet Norstrillia. To
steal a sheep would require getting a very large transport down to the
surface and then back up. And that after getting through the psionic
defences - which assumes the system defences of the richest planet in
the galaxy didn't stop you first.

I'd want a big fleet for that.

Stroon.
> I'd read the 'Kittuns', but it's been so long I've quite forgotten
most.
> However, no need for anyone to post the specifics (If you must, you
ARE