Prev: Re: [FT] Can "Extra Damage Control Parties" be hit on Threshholds? Next: Re: APBAUER@aol.com: turn 0 results turn 1 due friday at mid night

Re: [FT] Banked Weapons

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 23 May 2001 09:08:29 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Banked Weapons

On Wed, 23 May 2001, David Griffin wrote:

> That's true. What I'm trying to do though is to
> make it feel a little like the Plasma torpedo
> I ran from in SFB ;).

It will certainly do that!

> Also a good suggestion. This adds a little added
> expense that would help balance things I think.

Well, the weapon is probably already "priced" right without this
stipulation. It doesn't really need a balance. The odds of hitting, and
the average damage, are the same as for four pulse torpedoes. The only
difference is in the standard deviation. It will seem overly powerful
when it hits... but those times it misses, it will be overly cheap.

It can be knocked out with one threshold check... but it can also be
fully repaired with one repair roll. I think those two cases offset each
other.

The dedicated firecontrol, though, "feels" right for the weapon. Let us
know how it works, and if your group accepts it.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com