Prev: Re: [FT] Level 2 Screens Minimum Mass Next: Re: [FT] Banked Weapons

Re: [FT] Can "Extra Damage Control Parties" be hit on Threshholds?

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Can "Extra Damage Control Parties" be hit on Threshholds?

--- devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> ***
> I know you get more crew factors if the mass of the
> ship is larger. Is there any other way to get them?
> Can you buy a "larger crew" to get more crew
> factors?
> Or is the increased mass of the ship the way you
> do that?
> ***
>
> I'm fairly certain it'd take a house rule. The
> problem is, I'm not certain
> how you'd point out 'extra crew'.
>
> Likewise, I'd assume it'd take extra 'space', unless
> you're assuming extra
> crew factors are part of the overall crew rating...

Well, buying them by extra mass isn't too onerous.
Maybe you just believe in ships that hold more than
combat systems. Cargo space, labs, holodecks, etc.
That way you also get a more versatile ship in
peacetime. AND you'll get more crew. So, that
would make a crew unit cost 20 mass = 20 points
right? Of course it does also increase things like
shields and drives, so it will actually cost a bit
more.

Prev: Re: [FT] Level 2 Screens Minimum Mass Next: Re: [FT] Banked Weapons