Prev: DS construction questions Next: Re: DS construction questions

RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 05:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

--- steve@pugh.net wrote:
> On 15 May 2001, at 10:15, David Griffin wrote:
> The FASA game did have three movement phases in each
> turn, each
> movement phase was followed by a shooting phase.
> Most weapons could
> only fire once per turn.
>
> It did have the oddity that at the start of each
> firing phase the
> players placed a counter marked 'fire' or 'no fire'
> face down next to
> the ships. These were then all turned over. Ships
> with 'fire'
> counters could then fire at any target. Bit of an
> odd half way house.
>
> I can't remember whether fire and damage within a
> phase were resolved
> simultaneously or in some sort of initiative order.
> I think it was
> probably initiative order.

I waited to reply till I could consult my copy
of the rules. Damage was simultaneous within each
phase. Of course if you didn't have a "fire" token
deployed you couldn't fire, but if both did, then
fire was simultaneous. I played this game a lot
and was pretty sure I didn't remember an asynchronous
fire.

Prev: DS construction questions Next: Re: DS construction questions