Prev: Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer? Next: Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer?

;->= Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer?

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 19:15:39 -0500
Subject: ;->= Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer?

*heh heh* I consider it a compliment to the system that 'it depends' was
said by four folks in SUCH quick succession.

It also helps to know who your opponent is, whether by defined 'race'
fleet, or by ship-design tendencies and personal strategies. It's been
said
that the best generically designed ship will fall to a design optimized
defeat it.

If you don't know, of course, you'll have to decide that best
generically
designed ship. That'sstill not quite cut and dry. You have to know
yourself; what works for your tendencies won't for me.

I lack subtlety, but also do not rush in. Moderate bricks with good beam
suites suit me. However, I've been spanked repeatedly by FSE feathers
and
their nasty SM's.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad

Prev: Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer? Next: Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer?