Prev: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing? Next: RE: Re: [FT] Multi-Vector Assault Mode

Re: [FT] Multi-Vector Assault Mode

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Multi-Vector Assault Mode

--- Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:
> > Just how wacky is this idea?
>
> It's Star Trek(tm). I think no more need be said.
> ;-)

Meaning it's Star Trek, and hence poorly thought
out in terms of plausibility, continuity,
and reasonableness? Well I'm a Star Trek fan
and even I have some problems with the shows
these days, but what about the idea of a
FT ship that starts out as one supership (say
a Battlecruiser or Battledreadnough) and breaks
apart into say 3 destroyers? Is that doable in
the rules and does it make any sense?

I'm envisioning an alpha hit on the Battlecruiser
resulting in a detach of two fresh DDs (one DD
having been destroyed with the part of the BC
which was hit).

Prev: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing? Next: RE: Re: [FT] Multi-Vector Assault Mode