Next: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: steve@p...
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:44:39 +0100
Subject: RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

On 15 May 2001, at 10:15, David Griffin wrote:
> When I talk about phased movement, I meant that within a single
> game turn, there were multiple movement phases each of which might
> or might not have weapons fire associated with them.
>
> Maybe there's stuff I'm not remembering about the games I HAVE
> played (maybe some of them use this strategy too and I'm just not
> remembering them). I've played [snip] FASA Starship Combat
> Simulator,

The FASA game did have three movement phases in each turn, each
movement phase was followed by a shooting phase. Most weapons could
only fire once per turn.

It did have the oddity that at the start of each firing phase the
players placed a counter marked 'fire' or 'no fire' face down next to
the ships. These were then all turned over. Ships with 'fire'
counters could then fire at any target. Bit of an odd half way house.

I can't remember whether fire and damage within a phase were resolved
simultaneously or in some sort of initiative order. I think it was
probably initiative order.

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Next: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire