Prev: RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

From: "Peter C" <petrov_101@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:59:30 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

>From: devans@uneb.edu

<snip>

>I'd started trying to combine FTII systems with SFB's Campaign Designer
>book for a system with smaller steps, but I doubt that it would be of
much
>assistance to you.

I tried something similar with mediocre results.

<snip>

>With blocks and precursors for size of hull, and the other systems,
this
>had some possibilities, but got complicated faster than my enthusiasm
could
>cover.

I ran into the same problem...

A very simple tech level system one might wish to try...

Use TL to modify TOTAL damage delivered to the target (+1/level if
target is
a lower TL, -1/level if it's higher).  I wouldn't add bonus damage per
weapon tho, just per volley.  If you modified each weapon's damage
seperately, a moderatly higher TL ship would do too much damage (IMO),
and a
slightly lower TL ship might not be able to score any damage at all.

Just my 2 cents...

Pete

Prev: RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire