Prev: Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

[FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 06:43:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

Has anyone discussed the possibility of adding
some kind of tech level to FT? I was thinking
about it because I use B5 Earthforce ships in
FT (with regular FT designs, nothing special)
and I recently found a model that works for the
Victory Class Destroyer.

Of course you can't really do the Victory in
regular FT. There's a frightening EA Sourcebook
rendition on the net, but you can't really build
a ship with a higher tech level than the rest of
the fleet in regular FT.

I don't know how it would work. Presumably, there
would be a base tech level where everything works
pretty much as it does now. Perhaps buying a
higher tech level would give you access to a
set of improved systems (lower mass?) but would
cost a bit. It would let you build a smaller
ship which was really more powerful than an older
larger ship -- Say the old Federation dreadnought
vs. the Movie USS Enterprise or the Victory vs.
the Omega Destroyer?

Maybe it's more complication than it's worth.
Perhaps this would allow players to create alien
races that use basically the same technology as
humans but at a higher tech level?

Prev: Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire