Prev: RE: [OT]Doolittle Raiders Reunion Next: Re: FT-MT missiles

Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:14:33 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

> I have to play what the group wants to play. I'm
> stuck with it (most of the time). In fact if just
> one person demands we play "by the rules" we
> pretty much have to.

You mean your group decided that one veto overrules the majority?
Interesting.  And you also have someone who insists on his own way
when everyone else wants to try a different option?  Hm...

> Well, I'm not aching to go back to SFB 31 phase
> move/fire. That deserves a shudder. I don't know
> what I'd do to address this. Simultaneous fire
> probably. Maybe every ship having an initiative
> and firing by reverse order of their initiative?
> Seems complicated too. I don't want to complicate
> up the system. Since simultaneous fire actually
> speeds things up, I tend to prefer it.

How about having high, medium, and low initiative (or "skill") ships,
which fire simultaneously within their intiative class?
How about rolling for initiative for each ship or squadron?
How about assigning each ship to a card and drawing from the deck?
How about do whatever you like?  That *is* part of the rules, by the
way, and if y'all have a brilliant idea, maybe Jon'll incorporate it
into FB3.  Which is due out Real Soon Now...certainly before
BDS--right, Jon?

Prev: RE: [OT]Doolittle Raiders Reunion Next: Re: FT-MT missiles