Prev: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods Next: [FT} Tactics Manual?

Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 06:18:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

--- Kevin Walker <sage@bresnanlink.net> wrote:
> Overall it might balance out super ships that have
> been optimized but it
> appears from a quick glance and limited analysis
> that it could throw FB2 SV
> designs out of balance a bit in some cases.

If you try these rules, and the Savasku lose a lot
no matter who is playing them (in order to discount
the possibility that the better or worse player
tactically is playing them), then you might be
able to draw that conclusion. I don't think that
will happen, but I admit I'm not an authority.

> All in all I believe part of the problem with
> monstrous SV ships is similar
> to that of designing any monstrous sized ship for
> any race.  Specifically
> the ability to fire all your offensive power near or
> at the beginning of the
> fire phase (assuming sequential fire), ...

We've seen large ships in our game designed with
human technology and they don't seem to be unbalancing
in the way that large custom Savasku are.

Maybe what we need is a FT Tactics manual?

Prev: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods Next: [FT} Tactics Manual?