Prev: [FT] Cheap Spaceships Next: Re: [FT] Cheap Spaceships AND Potential Cheap Miniatures

RE: [FT] Cheap Spaceships

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 09:27:43 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Cheap Spaceships

> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Meteor/4155/thumbs/orderform.html
>
> This guy casts a lot of interesting spaceships,
> including one that works for Savasku (the arachnid).
> They are actually nicer and prettier in real life
> than they are on the website.

I agree.

> They're made of a no-lead pewter called OR-8 and
> are VERY tough. This does make mounting them a
> little difficult, but the guy claims that a dremel
> can do it. I plan to just glue them to a piece of
> polystyrine piping.

I had no trouble drilling a mounting hole with an ordinary pin vise and
some
patience.  The metal is harder than normal pewter but not _that_ hard.

> Anyway, email him, the online ordering doesn't
> seem to actually work. He seems to be just a single
> person, not a big company, so have a little
> patience.

I've ordered from him a couple of times nad have always been happy with
the
results.  On my miniatures page in the review section I posted a review
of
some of the more...  well...  familiar looking starships in his
collection.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/miniatures

Overall a nice guy to do business with.

Tom

Prev: [FT] Cheap Spaceships Next: Re: [FT] Cheap Spaceships AND Potential Cheap Miniatures