Prev: RE: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: US Army's First Digital Battle

Re: Vehicle Questions for SG

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Vehicle Questions for SG

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, thwaak wrote:

> (First, I'd like to thank everyone that weighed in on the multiple
> support weapon question. It's all been very helpful. Thanks!)
>
> OK, next question that has come up.
>
> Under designing a vehicle:
>
> 1) GMS systems have a capacity point of 2 for GMS/L and 4 for GMS/H.
Are
> these numbers then multiplied by 2 for fixed mounts, or 3 for turret
> mounts? Are they used as is, regardless of how they are mounted?

AFAIK, GMS have the same size regardless, and a roughly 180-degree arc
of
fire; or your vehicle model could have a vertical launch system, in
which
case it gets 360-degree fire as a bonus.

> 2) What if anything does 'Command/Communications Systems' do for you
at
> 8 cap points? It is apparently 'essential for any Command Vehicle',
but
> I can find no rules on it.

In DS, it allows various rally rolls; in SG, I'm not sure - maybe a die
shift up for a commander who stays with his vehicle, because you can fit
lot more, more powerful electronics & stuff in an APC hull that people
can
man-pack? (This is a suggestion, NOT a rule. Now that I think about it,
rather like it, though. Shades of the command systems in the 'Aliens'
movie APC...)

> Thanks as always,
> Brent Wolke  - who, as a Californian, CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE a future
where
> California and Texas would ally. Talk about science fiction! 8)

:>

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: RE: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: US Army's First Digital Battle