Prev: FT-Wave guns and the ilk. Next: Re: Vehicle Questions for SG

RE: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:32:27 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Dave Griffin said:
>That <ie the US breaking up into regional factions> is more plausible
to me >too, but I'd like to think we would last longer than a few
>hundred years. Is our "great experiment" so short lived a thing?

Most likely.  Most empires don't last more than 200-300 years, and the
US in the last few years certainly has the same symptoms of a "declining
empire" so I wouldn't bet on it lasting (as a major power) for more than
another 20-75 years (depending on what happens with the next big war).

See Sir John Glubb's "The Fate of Empire"--I can synopsize off list or
on if there's the demand for it.

Prev: FT-Wave guns and the ilk. Next: Re: Vehicle Questions for SG