Prev: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire Next: Re: Small squads/random losses

SG2 Battle report (partial)

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:43:10 -0500
Subject: SG2 Battle report (partial)

I'm working up a battle report for my site.  I'm hoping to make it
sort of an intro to the game for folks that are curious.  It's pretty
raw right now, but all the graphics are up.  Take a look.  One error I
saw is that the sniper is still marked hidden, even after spotted via
recon by fire on turn 4.

http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/sg2/rpt/fct-esu/

I used a squad card deck to draw units to move.  All cards of the same
force that were revealed in sequence were all allowed to move at the
same time, then all cards for the other side, etc...  This seemed
fine, but the one unusual thing I found was when your command unit was
drawn, you knew anybody drawn in his block could essentially get a
double move without any opposing fire, assuming your command could
reactivate him.  Check out how this bit the ESU PA in the ass on turn
4, as they moved out in the open to get ready to charge (having
already lost their nerve earlier), only to have the cmd unit fail its
comm roll, leaving them stranded out in the open where they were
decimated by FCT Charlie Squad, who tagged their leader with an IAVR
and then just opened up on them with the rest of the squad.

Anyway, I found this very amusing.  It could have been prevented,
though, by always running the cmd unit first to see if the comm roll
was successful.  Is this abusive?  Would it be good/bad to say that
the cmd unit can only reactivate squads drawn at the same time as him
if they move first (I liked the uncertainty of this)?

Also, I didn't do it, but it seemed natural to advance incoming on its

Prev: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire Next: Re: Small squads/random losses