Prev: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire Next: SG2 Battle report (partial)

Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 06:28:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> David Griffin said:
> > the initiativeless approach because luck was less
> > of a factor. It was planning that seemed to be
> > accentuated -- deciding who to fire at. Besides
> > the mechanics of deciding who fires first takes
> > time that we didn't have in this small test game.
>
> a) it doesn't take time to plan and record
> simultaneous fire?
> b) it usually only took a couple of seconds to
> decide--mostly
> communication between two players.

We were admittedly playing a small game, but
it only took about 5 seconds to lay our dice
for our weapons next to the ship we were shooting
at. Everything takes SOME time, but the time we
spent doing this was less than the protocol of
going through the shooting of each ship with
everyone either paying attention or standing
around bored waiting for his turn to come up.

Let's not forget the mild friction that always
seems to come up between partners when deciding
who gets to fire a ship next either. This way,
everyone gets his chance to fire and firing last
has no game consequence.

Prev: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire Next: SG2 Battle report (partial)