Prev: Re: MORE SCIENCE AND SF Next: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics

RE: [FT] Conquest 2001 FT results

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:30:24 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Conquest 2001 FT results

1.	Cinematic
2.	Yes, speed *55*
3.	He played with them all piled up in the one stack, so I only had
1
point of the board to try and get.  The class-1 K-guns paid for
themselves
this game.  He was always asking whether my fighters were leaving
screening
duty before placing any PBLs.  The one time I did, I was at range 25 &
had
to use the full 12 secondary to get out of the 20 PBLs he placed to kill
*1*
fighter squadron!  The one time the squadron did attack, I used
secondary
movement to leave screening and did... 3 damage total.	They were KV
fighters that don't get re-rolls, so I don't know why he panicked about
the
fighters so much.

We were using fleet morale & CF points system, so every 5 points of
damage
done to his ship resulted in 2 CF points.  All the other fleets only
averaged a loss of 1 every 6-7 points of damage, so his ship choice was
bad
from a scoring point of view (and all the players knew what scoring
system I
was using before the tournament.)

4.	KV fleet
Yu'Kas SDN
Heavy fighter squadron
Vo'Bok CL
4 x Di'Tok DD

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu
[Firestorm] GM Battletech Webgame#2