Prev: Re: Small squads/random losses Next: Re: MORE SCIENCE AND SF

Re: [FT] Sa'vasku Interceptor Pods

From: Kevin Walker <sage@b...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:18:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Sa'vasku Interceptor Pods

on 4/12/01 12:47, Jerry Cantrill at jwcantrill@earthlink.net wrote:

>> Interestingly enough it doesn't specifically say.  I'd say no for the
>> following reasons:
>>
>> * Interceptor pods can be targeted in any arc of the ship regardless
of
>> the arc of the pod launcher.
>> * KV scatterguns don't require fire control for defending other ships
and
>> an interceptor pod is closer to a scattergun shot than a PDS using
ADFC
>> (IMO).
>
> And once launched they have their own built in targeting mechanism.
But
> how did the bio-construct know there was a threat that it needed to
> build the pod? Maybe it required an active Cortex Node to see the
> target, but the Cortex Node may still be used during the main fire
> phase.

There's some good reasoning there for going either way.  My preference
is to
not require the cortex node - but again that's only my preference -
other's
may vary.  ;-)

Now - back to moving my computer lab and miniatures studio - hopefully
we in
SE Minnesota don't get too much more rain this weekend - ACK

Kevin Walker

Prev: Re: Small squads/random losses Next: Re: MORE SCIENCE AND SF