Prev: RE: [SG] Needle Weapons Next: Re: MORE SCIENCE AND SF

Re: [SG] Needle Weapons

From: steve@p...
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:44:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG] Needle Weapons

On 17 Apr 2001, at 11:19, bkb@beol.net wrote:

> I am looking to give statistics to 3 weapons.
> The first is a Needler Pistol that fires short bursts (10-30) of
> needles in a fairly small pattern. The second is a Needle Assault
> Weapon (similar to Advanced Assault Rifle - AAR). The third would be
> the Needle equivalent of a Squad automatic weapon (SAW).
>
> My thought would be to up the Firepower (rate of fire) and decrease
> the Impact.
>
> Normal Weapons from p.34 of SG2:
>		     Range     FP   Impact
> Light Autopistol:   Close	1      d6
> Heavy Autopistol:   Close	1      d10
> AAR:				2      d10
> Conventional SAW:	       d8      d10
> Gauss SAW:		       d10     d10
>
> I was thinking for the Needle Weapons:
>		     Range     FP   Impact
> Needle Pistol:      Close	2      d4
> NAW:				4      d6
> Needle SAW:		       d12     d6

All look okay to me except the FP4 for the NAW. FP is a measure of a
lot of things, (including the accuracy of the weapon and light
projectiles like needles tend to be inaccurate) and I just can't see
needle rifle having a better firepower than a gauss rifle/grenade
launcher.

Can it really have a higher rate of fire than a gauss rifle AND a
greater area of potential hits than a 30mm grenade AND have both of
those quantities in large enough amounts to counter act the poor
accuracy of the needles?

If someone fits a grenade launcher to the NAW do they get FP5?

If you do go with such a high FP then I'd suggest some sort of
penalty to account for the poor accuracy (and poor range - light
projectiles with probably lowish muzzle velocity). Say a die shift to
the targets' range die?

Of course it may all depend on what PSB you're using. What propels
the needles? What, if anything, stabalises them in flight?

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Prev: RE: [SG] Needle Weapons Next: Re: MORE SCIENCE AND SF