Prev: Re: [OT]Re: Final Fantasy Next: FT-Some of bifs ramblings

Re: [FT] Sa'vasku Interceptor Pods

From: Jerry Cantrill <jwcantrill@e...>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:47:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Sa'vasku Interceptor Pods

>Subject: Re: [FT] Sa'vasku
>
>> Jaime Tiampo at fugu@spikyfishthing.com wrote:
>>
>> Do pod launchers need a cortex to fire an interceptor pod?
>
>Kevin Walker at sage@chartermi.net wrote:
>
>Interestingly enough it doesn't specifically say.  I'd say no for the
>following reasons:
>
>* Interceptor pods can be targeted in any arc of the ship regardless of
>the arc of the pod launcher.
>* KV scatterguns don't require fire control for defending other ships
and
>an interceptor pod is closer to a scattergun shot than a PDS using ADFC
>(IMO).

And once launched they have their own built in targeting mechanism. But
how did the bio-construct know there was a threat that it needed to
build the pod? Maybe it required an active Cortex Node to see the
target, but the Cortex Node may still be used during the main fire
phase.

-Jerry Cantrill

Prev: Re: [OT]Re: Final Fantasy Next: FT-Some of bifs ramblings