Prev: Re:Ship stats Question Next: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

SV: Phalon Weapons and Defences

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 10:21:56 +0200
Subject: SV: Phalon Weapons and Defences

Jerry Cantrill wrote:

>The Summary for Phalon Weapons on page 45 of Fleet Book Vol.2 says
>that the normal damage dice for Pulser Batteries are read as 1 to 3 =
no
>effect, 4 to 5 = 1 damage point and 6 = 2DP + reroll. Level-1 screens
>negate rolls of 4; level-2 screens and vapour shouds negate rolls of 4
>or 5.

This is a typo; Pulsers interact with screens in exactly the same way
as human Beam dice. See the Pulser rules at p.35:

"Screens ARE effective against pulser fire as per the standard rules,
.."

The standard rules for screens is that level-1 screens negate die rolls
of "4" while level-2 screens negate rolls of "4" and drop rolls of "6"
from 2+reroll to 1+reroll.

>Also, for the Pulser's PDS mode against Plasma Bolts, we agree that
the
>wording implies that they reduce the bolt by 1 only on a roll of 6.

Um, well. The PBL rule *explicitly* says that Pulsers have the same
effect as PDS against plasma bolts. It's not merely "implied"...

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re:Ship stats Question Next: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons