Prev: Re: Ship Stats Question Next: Re: [FT] Ship Stats Question

Re: Ship Stats Question

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmako@c...>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 06:25:09 -0300
Subject: Re: Ship Stats Question

Tony,

Thanks for jumping in and you are correct.  I would argue that FTL is
built
in as we have many of our larger cutters (210', 270', 378') patrolling
well
outside the 200 mile EEZ.  These ships are capable of sustained
operations
for weeks at a time and with underway replenishment (UNREP) they can
stay
out for unlimited times.

In FT terms I think of them as over crewed and built for longer patrols
outside the normal space lanes.  SAR capabilities would include large
sensor
arrays both active and passive.  Helo is a much faster, longer ranged
transport than the RHI but one with limited range.

I have too much family commitment this weekend but if I get a chance I
will
try to design something for posting.

Bob Makowsky