Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields Next: Re: Ship Stats Question

Re: Ship Stats Question

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmako@c...>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 06:18:16 -0300
Subject: Re: Ship Stats Question

I think it is more frigate sized as well but armed like a small patrol
boat
<G>.

As far as helos in space, we are used as transport, Medevac, Patrol, and
interception of unarmed targets.  I guess a pinnace would be more like
it.

RHI- Rigid Hulled Inflatable.  Lowered from the ship to carry a boarding
team to another vessel for customs/security/safety boarding.

I think that the size does not really fit well with GZG.  Its a bit
large
for the capabilities.  Inclusion of larger crew is due to older systems
that
require more humans in the loop plus a larger damage control group.

One thing that I did notice.  Crew size includes Non-Rated crew that are
learning their jobs.  These could be included in Stargrunt or FMA:S
boarding
ops as an extra section of greens.

Bob Makowsky