Prev: GZG lists - how many/addresses/digests supported/etc Next: RE: GZG lists - how many/addresses/digests supported/etc

RE: [FT] Ship Stats Question

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:21:30 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Ship Stats Question

 From:	Bob Makowsky [SMTP:rmako@coqui.net]
>> Cutter is 210 ft long
>> Compliment 9-12 officers 60-70 enlisted
>> Armament 1 25mm cannon 2 .50 HMG
>> 1 HH-65 Dolphin SSR Helicopter
>> 1 RHI w 5 crew and GPMG

>> Our main threat is lightly armed fast smugglers and slow moving
fishing
>> trawlers (they tend to think more of thier livelyhood than of the
future
and
>> so have some tendency to ignore spawning aviodance, size rules).

Knowing nothing about real ships and reading the Armament as "1 bigger
gun
and 2 smaller guns"
I assume a Cutter is faster and more maneuverable than fishers, but less
so
(or equal to?) vs. smugglers.
Assume the Helecopter and RHI are both is Mass 1.5 "boats" (or one is
Mass
2, the other Mass 1) with trades of capacity, light armament, and speed.

I get a Heavy Frigate:
Mass			25
Cost			89 + small craft
Hull			7
Main Drive		5
Class 1 Beam	2
Class 2 (360)	1
Fire Control		2
Hanger bay		3

I gets smaller - more like a standard FB Frigate in mass - if the "big
gun"
is Class 1, the smaller ones are PDS, and it's a bit slower:

Mass			19
Cost			67 + small craft
Hull			6
Main Drive		4
Class 1 Beam	1
PDS			2
Fire Control		1
Hanger bay		3

Crew sizes diverge, of course, but that's technology for you :-). Also
play
with Hull strength if the Cutter is more heavily or lightly armored than
"standard" military ships. Plus I don't know if the "big" gun is 360 (or
close) or not. Or ignore this in favor of people who know what their
talking
about.