Prev: RE: Grendels was: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens Next: RE: prototype 6mm hammer slammer combat car photo

RE: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: A Scruffy Drummer <jmodule@y...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:27:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [OT] Digital Cameras

Just to throw in another angle on digital cameras... I
reciently found a cheap alternative by using the Intel
web camera that I have at work (cost approx. US$80).

While it is _not_ portable and doesn't take good
distant pictures at all, it can take great photos of
miniatures for posting on a web site.  I can take my
camera and slide the miniature to almost 1 inch away
from the lense and then take a picture that has crisp
focus and is saved as a ~35K JPG.  Then I can upload
the picture without really needing to do any editing.

You the results on my site at
<http://www.angelfire.com/nc/wconvention/wc_miniatures_1.html>
Try to ignore the poor lighting. :(  I did most of the
pictures in an hour one evening after work.

Jakim

Prev: RE: Grendels was: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens Next: RE: prototype 6mm hammer slammer combat car photo