Prev: I don't think so! Re: [OT] FTSR Submissions 2001 Next: Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 19:53:46 +0200
Subject: Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

Derek Fulton wrote:

>>With some of the fighter-style MT missile versions mentioned on the
>>list they have a very good chance of hitting the intended target -
far
>>better than SMs. At least in the playtest battles I've fought
recently
>>:-/
>
>Me, I have no problem with the ability of the MT missiles to pick out
>specific targets, bypassing all those nasty 'banzi jammers'. For me MT

>missiles are more discerning and harder to fool than the 'dump them
out >at this spot and see who gets hit' SM ;)

Same here. But when the MTMs score half again as many hits per Mass of
missile armament as SMs do (which is what we've had in the playtests),
and all of them on the exact targets you want them to instead of some
attacking decoys, they either need to cost more points per Mass than
SMs do or the point defences need to be much more effective against
them than against SMs.

At the moment the points cost per Mass is identical and the effect of
PDSs not very different if you look at the same Mass of weapons (eg. 2
MTMs compared to 1 SMR, both Mass 4) :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: I don't think so! Re: [OT] FTSR Submissions 2001 Next: Re: Fighters, missiles in FT