Prev: RE: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: Reusing old figures

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 17:33:11 -0700
Subject: Re: Reusing old figures

John Crimmins wrote:

> I've got a similar problem with these guys....
> http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/Graphics/BUG.jpg

Cool looking bug.

> I have a feeling that Stargrunt really isn't going to be able to
handle
> these figures at all.  You can't see it in the scan, but the Bug is
> carrying a rifle that's a little bigger than the guy standing next to
him,
> plus he's got a pair of big missile pods and that gunlike thing
sticking
> out of his back...he's closer to being a light vehicle than a heavy
trooper.

I don't see why not. There's bound to be bug vehicle rules where big
bugs are classed in sizes. In fact for things like the sa'vasku where
all their warriors are custom built for purposes I'd have them all be
designed with size classes from dog sized to DVN. Weapons for them would
have a capacity point cost and for every class of bug you had you had to
fit in the weapons.

If you were trying to run them now, I'd run them as "vehicles" just go
with that design system.

As for big rifles, there's something I have a little beef with. The
class 1 and 2 RFAC, in my mind, should have more of a infantry impact
them just shrapnel effect. If RL those things are nasty against
infantry. Instead of just getting their D8 against dispersed targets
they should get a firepower rating more like D10, or D8 D8.