Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: [OT] Double Messages

RE: Cheese factor

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 3 Apr 2001 10:57:14 -0700
Subject: RE: Cheese factor

On Tue, 03 April 2001, "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" wrote:

> What COMMON* online source would have had the correct definition of
"squad"?
> *Recongizable from the top level domain (www.____.com).

Well, there are a number of sites on the web. However, I like this one
as a "layman's" site.

http://web.qx.net/warcat/MilSF/

It's a site for tips on writing military science fiction. There is a lot
of stuff here, distilled for combat sf writers and for wargamers.

The first place to check is under "Essays". Here is the URL for jumping
there directly:

http://web.qx.net/warcat/MilSF/essays1.htm

What you want to check out first is the page on organization:
http://web.qx.net/warcat/MilSF/organization.htm

Another good section on this site is Combat Operations:
http://web.qx.net/warcat/MilSF/CombatOperations.htm

...which leads to his Tactics section, which is very useful:
http://web.qx.net/warcat/MilSF/tactics2.htm

It's a good "one stop shopping" location, anyway.

The author of the site is an ex-Marine NCO. I'd be interested in seeing
how accurate his stuff is, but it seemed pretty good and reasonable to
me.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: [OT] Double Messages