Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

RE: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 12:31:20 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
>Let's make it more extreme.  If you have 6000 points and 1 fighter,
>then they're not much use.  If you have, say, 25-30 fighters and your
>opponent doesn't, then fighters dominate the battle.  I think both
>sides of the CanAm FT battle would agree.

Noam
>Is this still true if the non-fighter group as a PDS/ADFC net with
20-30
PDS? In a 6000 pt force, that'd be pretty easy.

For 30 PDS, that kills (IIRC) abt 24 fighters, knocking most of the
groups down to 5 fighters each.  This assumes that you've been able to
keep everything within ADFC range, which at ECC didn't happen

Noam
>The hardest place to do this kind of comparison is in one-off
scnearios,
where the rock-paper-scissors effect penalizes - sometimes severely -
the
side that guesses wrong about the opposing force. Perhaps if the
Canadians
and Americans in Can-Am had both known from the design phase that the
Americans used fighters, the Canadians would have fared better.

And if the Americans had known the Canadians knew...and if the Canadians
knew the Americans knew the Canadians knew...who knows?

http://www.mail2web.com/ .

Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: Re: Fighters, missiles in FT