Prev: Re: [SG] Scout units Next: 54mm FMASk, was Re: Just a thought

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:20:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

> My problem is that I don't particularly like the
> carrier battle. I'm a WWI battleline man at heart
> (which FT is very good at by the way), but I can't
> design ships like that because they get chewed by
> by fighters.

If that's the feel you want, force fighters to be weaker/more expensive
in
your house rules. Or make PDS more effective. That'll change the balance
of
your games and make fighters virtually disappear as elements. Weren't
fighters much less of a threat to ships in WWI?

>I think it's a reasonable
>thing to wish for a anti-fighter missile system
>like the Standard in use in the fleet.

Its certainly reasonable to ask if you don't mind changing the balance
of
the game. If you want FT to play more WWI-ish, then changing the balance
is
probably what you want to do. FT is designed to accomodate that.

Noam

Prev: Re: [SG] Scout units Next: 54mm FMASk, was Re: Just a thought