Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: New 25mm Miniature Line

Re: WotD Laser Targeting

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 08:50:51 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> Tony Christney wrote:
>
> > So, my suggestion is that laser designators simply allow a
> > guided weapon to be fired without direct line of sight
> > between weapon and target, so long as at least one unit
> > with a laser designator has been declared to be painting the
> > target. That should probably use up the unit's entire
> > activation.
> >
> > GMS systems should also require at least a line of flight
> > reasonably free of obstacles, i.e. no firing from the middle
> > of a forest...
>
> I think that's where the thing is heading, plus hte comm roll to call
in
> the GMS shot if it's not the unit that's painting the target firing if
> it's "over the horrizon". Though I'm still wondering if you should get
> die shift for having a "painted" target.

Actually, no... I assume that's actly what a GMS operator would normally
do, himself?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6xX5OJXH58oo6ncURAou8AKCncZ5Gn2FCrL2HAI8xKg1noBPWPgCeMMqH
60EqKBDNvCGoAPliKdH6diw=
=+D+4

Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: New 25mm Miniature Line