Prev: RE: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Battleships programme on C4

Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:13:52 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
Subject: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:32:35 +0100 David Pullen
<david.pullen3@virgin.net> wrote:

>>> Those who use the B5 ships, which scale of ships do you use? I see
there are two. A larger scale and a "fleet action" scale. Which do you
use? Or do you mix them? <<<

>> I mostly have the big scale but I do mix in the fleet action scale
stuff too. Just never have the same ship in both. <<

> I have quite a few of both. Which I use depends on what I'm doing.
I've used the big range in FT as DNs and the Omega Destroyers of the
small range as destroyers. <

I don't mix "identical" models, but I do use the FA versions of the
supposed "smaller" classes with the larger big ships. After all, the
size of the Olympus "corvette" in the large "scale" (would that they
_were_ in something related to scale!) is ridiculous -- unless, of
course, it's a CT in the same way that an Omega is a DD! <g>

And don't get me started on those tiny Minbari "cruisers"... Or the
"unified" scale EA Explorer or forthcoming Vorlon Planet-killer! I want
_big_ versions of those two, frak it!

> I think I'm the only one who even touches the large scale fighters
now. Even then I only use the Centauri Sentri as a Goa'Ould Deathglider
in Dirtside games. <

I find the large-scale fighters make good small classes -- the Drazi
Sky Serpent, for instance. I'd certainly never use them as fighters
unless playing a purely fighter-vs-fighter game as per the 1st edition
rules -- which can be fun. But then, I've had Jon and Nic's (small)
not-B5 fighters ever since the first B5W minis made it over here.

Phil
 Gravity is a Downer... So let's go flying!

Prev: RE: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Battleships programme on C4