Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: Command Reactivations

Re: [SG] WotW

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:50:34 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] WotW

Derk Groeneveld wrote:

> I have to admit I'd like to see more area effect weapons, such as
> grenades. Some of the folks at my gaming club tend to field regular
> firing squads, standing shoulder-to-shoulder. Best way to train that
out
> of them is area effect weaponry.

Here's another one then for you :)

Flamers in SGII are terror weapons but of only close assault range. Now
in WWII the US produced a bunch of shermans that had huge flamers on
them (most of which ended up in Canadian hands which lead to the
stereotype of Canadians as pyros) so why can't SGII have a ranged flamer
weapon. In 40K (I know, sorry) they have ranged templated flamers. Now
why not use something similar to that. Terrain already has a flash point
I believe (I'll have to look this up right afterwards) so why not make
flamers in heavy weapons sizes, say, like GMS systems.

Light Flamer:
Size: 4
Range: 14"
Width at max range: 2"
Damage: D10

Heavy Flamer:
Size: 6
Range: 18"
Width at max range: 3"
Damage: D10

Die shifts for cover still apply to armour.
Causes terror
Causes suppression
For each figure roll a D6, 5-6 figure is on fire, will take damage again
next turn if fire not put out
To put out fire on figure must take reorg action and roll 4+ on a D6

This is just some thoughts that I spewed out quickly. Please throw in
some ideas for it. I'm sure this as it stands is a poor weapon design :)

Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: Command Reactivations