Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: RE: Command Reactivations

Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:02:57 -0500
Subject: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

> Change your games to simultaneous firing; should solve the problem
easily.

That's a good idea, but I still REALLY like the idea of putting all the
ship
ID's on cards (or chits, or whatever), then each ship fires when its
card is
drawn.	That just seems like a really great way of doing it!

In a patch to the now old Master of Orion Game, they set it up that
ships
went in order of speed, so in FT it would basically work out that ships
with
higher thrust have initiative over ships with lower thrust ratings (not
thrust used).  So one interesting way to do that would be to still roll
initiative, but only use the roll to resolve ties for ships of the same
thrust rating.

One thing I'm hesitant about though, is putting too much to chance.  I
strongly believe that part of the game lies in the order of selection
for
what ships one fires when.  I'd hate to see that totally left to chance,
thus reducing tactical options.

George

Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: RE: Command Reactivations