Prev: Re: Command Reactivations Next: RE: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives)

Re: [SG] WotW

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:42:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG] WotW

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> Brian Burger wrote:
> > True, but what Jaime was looking for was an undersized mortar... as
is,
> > it's too powerful; being downrange of one of those things is
obscene...
> > The standard infantry grenade launcher is powerful enough.
>
> It's	not obscene... it's merely not advisable... but you're right, I
> was thinking along the lines of a downgraded mortar. More like the
> infantry tube mortars that we have today.
>
> > This I like - get rid of the auto-hit capability of the
template-grenades.

> How about the D10 impact and D10* FP with a 2" template and the auto
> deviation? D4" and D6"?

Maybe - I'm still in favour of getting rid of the template entirely - it
makes these weapons more powerful than anything except artillery, and if
you want artillery you can add that to vehicles already, with the
various
limitations involved in real artillery.

> > The last several games, nearly every casualty on the table has been
caused
> > by Jaime's 'gears chucking or launching their giant grenades at
people.
> > Sure the range is limited, but we're playing on a fairly small table
right
> > now, and always with lots of terrain.
>
> I agree they're a little too powerful but I still think the idea is
> sound. And you're only bitter cause it's always your troops getting
hit
> by the BAGs (Big Ass Grenades)

BAGs, hmm? That would make your walker pilots the 'BAGladies'? :>

You'll need to model those shopping carts, then.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: Command Reactivations Next: RE: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives)