Prev: Re: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives) OT Next: Re: [SG] EMP

RE: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry)

From: "Chris Downes-Ward" <cdownes-ward@9...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:31:55 +0100
Subject: RE: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry)

I tend to use points as "money" but I normally work out a scenario or
have
an order of battle in mind for the parent organization so most of my
battles
take the form of "lets draw a battle group from an armored
regiment/brigade
and put it up against a battle group from an infantry battalion".
Sometimes
I don't even work out the points until after the battle is over.

Currently I'm working on a scenario with a GEV force (1er Escadron, 2e
Regiment
Etranger Cavalrie) vs. a Tyranid Swarm or that could be FSE vs. Savasku.
This
is intended to be a test of some morale rules I'm writing for the
Tyranids
but I
also worked out the point cost to give me some idea if the two forces,
neither
of which have been fielded before, are wildly mismatched.

The totals are about 3000 pts vs. 2500 pts so I think they are about
right
provided
the morale doesn't totally skew things. But I'm not trying to balance
this
the exact points cost I'm just using this a sanity check.

Chris D-W