Prev: various replies Next: Re: [SG] EMP

Re: Fleet Escorts

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:59:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Escorts

--- Bif Smith <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> If you want to know about light carrier designs
> (escort sized), look on the
> FTSR, there`s a few on there (one mine). My

Alesia Light Carrier
Displacement: 4400 tonnes (Mass factor 44)
Hull Type: Average (Hull Integrity 13)
Crew: 8 officer, 34 ratings (Crew Factor 3)
Armament: 1xClass 1 Batteries
Sensors: Standard sensors, 1xFire Control
Defenses: 1xPDS, Armor rating 2
Drive Systems: Main Drive rating 6, FTL Drive
Other: 1xHanger with 6 fighters.
Procurement cost: 1450 Million Noumisma
Ships in Class (2183): 19
Usual loadout is 1xstandard fighter group

These are used in groups of 2-3, escorted by approx
4-8 other escorts.  My usual pattern for destroyer
squadrons has 1-3 Heavy Destroyers (In NRE parlance,
Destroyer Leaders) as flagship and heavy force.  These
are to surprise an opponent who's not expecting a
destroyer force to spew fighters.  Used mostly for
guarding fleet train and attacking enemy fleet train.

John

Prev: various replies Next: Re: [SG] EMP