Prev: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives Next: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

RE: Customized Sa'Vasku

From: "Hudak, Michael" <mihudak@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:48:57 -0500
Subject: RE: Customized Sa'Vasku

> In addition, some time ago (shortly after FB2 came out) there
> was a lot
> of discussion on the list about the Sa'Vas'Ku ability to fire
> at longer
> ranges than anyone else (and then switch all power to drives
> and move of
> if anyone got close) for instance, a Var'Arr'Sha (light cruiser) can
> fire a stinger shot with a range of up to 48 mu, and still
> have 4 power
> spare - the only ship in FB1 with this kind of range is the
> Komarov SDN!

I really haven't looked into these, so I may be way off base here, but
can
you limit the shift differential in the movement for Sa'Vas'Ku?  Say max
acceleration of +1 MU?	So, the ship can only increase the speed by +1
thrust factor per turn?  This would require the ship to build up some
speed
from a dead stop, and allow others a window of opportunity to close with
it.

Just a thought.  I'll return to under my lurker rock now......

Mike Hudak
mihudak@state.pa.us

Fact is, there's nothing out there you can't do.....
Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you.....

Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem,"Can you picture that", Muppet Movie
Soundtrack

Join the Peregrine Falcon Egg Watch
-- When will they lay eggs?
-- Live video/audio
-- Get e-mail alerts!

Prev: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives Next: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts