Prev: [SG] EMP Next: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:41:18 -0600
Subject: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

> In the combat phase, ships alternate fire as normal within its thrust
> group. In other words, all MD8 ships alternate fire, then all MD6,
> etc.

This brings to mind a question I had some time ago.

In fairly large battles, does anyone ever find difficulty remembering
which
ships have fired?

I first thought of simple markers that would be placed next to fired
ships.
Then, what the heck, you could allocate your firing order if the chits
were
marked with a number, and you could place them reversed if you didn't
want
your opponent to know your order of fire, and allocate his accordingly.

This seemed pretty simple as the ships would have completed there
movement,
and the chits wouldn't have to follow ships, then I thought, you could
incorporate an idea I had, and we may have discussed, about mid-point
shots, at which point my head was hurting severely, and I decided to see
if
anyone else had tried any of this.

Prev: [SG] EMP Next: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives