Prev: Re: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry) Next: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

[SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation (was RE: [OT] Canadians are C OLD....)

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:18:15 -0500
Subject: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation (was RE: [OT] Canadians are C OLD....)

Anyone have rules for forces fighting out of thier normal
climate/environment?

Now I am obviously ignoring the fact that no planet is monoclimatic (ala
Tatooine and Hoth).

Examples:
IF fighting in artic or cold desert conditions.
IF fighting in tropical rain forest.
IAS fighting in hot desert.
IAS fighting in tropical rain forest.
Almost anyone fighting in high altitude or low oxygen conditions.
Anyone fighting in heavy atmosphere (but barely breathable).
Having to fight in NBC suits (nuclear, chemical, or biologic warfare has
been used or the planet has not been teraformed - poisonous/acidic/heavy
metal trace elements in the air or oxygen content needs augmentation).

I would think that non Power Armor troops would fight at 1 less quality
than
normal when fighting under adverse conditions.

How long would it take to aclimate to new conditions? 2 weeks? Month? 6
Months? Year?

I would think that there would be some attrition of forces due to
environmental accidents (frostbite, heatstoke, disease, etc.). Even if
the
troops are properly equiped and trained, people tend to take stupid
risks
because some thing is uncomfortable or difficult (at least until the
casualties start to add up). Roll a d6 for to get percent of force that
is
down due to environmental conditions?

-----
Brian Bell